Friday, October 16, 2009
I made this using some wooden letter blocks from the craft store. Then I painted them brown with basic acyrlic paint. Then I put the blocks wrong side up and traced the paper, then cut the letters. Then applied mod podge to the back of paper, and let it dry. Using and exacto knife I cut the rough edges. Applied mod podge to the top of the paper and let it dry. Using a nail file I sanded the rough edges. Using brown ink applied the edges to make it look "distressed" . Then tied ribbion and hot glued the buttons on. It was a lot of fun, these letters have been sitting in our room blank for over a year. So I am excited to hang them on the wall. K - for Kate and S - for Sam!!!